A crown is used to cover or ‘cap’ a damaged tooth.
- Protection of a damaged tooth
- Replacement of lost tooth structure
- Improve tooth appearance, shape or alignment
- Crown is also placed over an implant
- Metal Ceramic
- CAD-CAM Metal Ceramic
- Full Ceramic (Lithium Di Silicate)
- CAD-CAM Zirconia
- Zirconia Ceramic, etc
Gaps left by missing teeth eventually cause the remaining teeth to rotate or shift into empty spaces resulting in bad bite. The imbalance caused by missing teeth can also lead to gum disease and TMJ disorders.
- Bridges are cemented to natural teeth taking support from them or to implants surrounding the empty space.
- Porcelain or Ceramic Crowns can be matched to the colour of your natural teeth. Other materials include Metal, Metal Ceramic, Zirconia and Acrylic